- 500 g rice noodle, Precut or rectangle slab of rice noodle. Wash with warm water separating each layer of noodle.
- 10 g dark soy sauce
- 30 g soy sauce
- 0.5 tsp shrimp paste, optional or replace with oyster sauce
- 0.5 tsp white pepper
- 10 g salted radish, if not minced, add to garlic/eschallots
- 2 pieces garlic cloves
- 20 g eschallots
- 100 g bean sprouts, soaked, tailed, drained
- 20 g fresh chives, cut to 3cm lengths
- 20 g Grapeseed Oil
- 30 g chinese sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- 200 g peeled raw prawns, cleaned
- 1 portion fish cake, sliced 3cm thick
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Recipe is created for
1. Place a large bowl on top of mixing bowl and weigh in dark soy, soy, shrimp paste, white pepper powder and mix well. Add rice noodles and mix well to coat sauce. Weigh in bean sprouts and chives and toss well to coat. Set aside to marinate.
2. Place garlic, eschallots and salted radish in mixing bowl, chop 3sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
3. Add grapeseed oil and sambal oelek, saute 3min/Varoma/Speed 1. Tip contents on top of reserved rice noodles.
4. Insert butterfly whisk. With an even spread to either sides of whisk, add prawns, reserved rice noodles and saute 4 min/Varoma//.
5. Set 1 min/Varoma//; and as it cooks, pour lightly beaten egg on mixing bowl lid, allowing it to drizzle down. If necessary, lift measuring cup to allow egg to drizzle down completely. Add an extra minute if required.
6. Allow 2 minutes standing time then transfer contents to a serving plate, garnish with white pepper and salt to taste. Serve immediately.
This recipe was adapted from The Daily Asian Cookbook.
Shrimp paste replaceable with 2 tsp oyster sauce.
Rice noodles differ according to its purpose. Thin and soft rice noodles are made for soups and may not achieve desired result whilst firmer and thick noodles are used for stir-fry.
Fish cakes can be replaced for cooked chicken or beef thinly sliced or in small pieces.
Sambal oelek replaceable with chili flakes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Mac~n~Cheese
- Creamy tomato eggplant pasta with chorizo
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Pate au Pistou
- Duo Rice; Boiled Rice and Steamed Cauliflower Rice
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Dr Frank's Paleo Grain Free Bread/Focaccia
- Oatmeal recipe
- Oat and Date Bites
- Kale, spinach and feta pie
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves
- Cherry & Apple Meringue Tart