- 500 g rice noodle, Precut or rectangle slab of rice noodle. Wash with warm water separating each layer of noodle.
- 10 g dark soy sauce
- 30 g soy sauce
- 0.5 tsp shrimp paste, optional or replace with oyster sauce
- 0.5 tsp white pepper
- 10 g salted radish, if not minced, add to garlic/eschallots
- 2 pieces garlic cloves
- 20 g eschallots
- 100 g bean sprouts, soaked, tailed, drained
- 20 g fresh chives, cut to 3cm lengths
- 20 g Grapeseed Oil
- 30 g chinese sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- 200 g peeled raw prawns, cleaned
- 1 portion fish cake, sliced 3cm thick
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place a large bowl on top of mixing bowl and weigh in dark soy, soy, shrimp paste, white pepper powder and mix well. Add rice noodles and mix well to coat sauce. Weigh in bean sprouts and chives and toss well to coat. Set aside to marinate.
2. Place garlic, eschallots and salted radish in mixing bowl, chop 3sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
3. Add grapeseed oil and sambal oelek, saute 3min/Varoma/Speed 1. Tip contents on top of reserved rice noodles.
4. Insert butterfly whisk. With an even spread to either sides of whisk, add prawns, reserved rice noodles and saute 4 min/Varoma//.
5. Set 1 min/Varoma//; and as it cooks, pour lightly beaten egg on mixing bowl lid, allowing it to drizzle down. If necessary, lift measuring cup to allow egg to drizzle down completely. Add an extra minute if required.
6. Allow 2 minutes standing time then transfer contents to a serving plate, garnish with white pepper and salt to taste. Serve immediately.
This recipe was adapted from The Daily Asian Cookbook.
Shrimp paste replaceable with 2 tsp oyster sauce.
Rice noodles differ according to its purpose. Thin and soft rice noodles are made for soups and may not achieve desired result whilst firmer and thick noodles are used for stir-fry.
Fish cakes can be replaced for cooked chicken or beef thinly sliced or in small pieces.
Sambal oelek replaceable with chili flakes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy chicken gnocchi with spinach
- Bacon, Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach risotto
- Red Capsicum Mac and cheese.
- Sweet Potato Pea Risotto
- BLADE COVER Alfredo pasta
- Variation One pot pasta bolognese - Hidden Veg
- Spaghetti bolognese
- Lemon, Mushroom & Blue Cheese Risotto
- Creamy Tomato Eggplant Pasta with Chorizo
- Creamy Pulled Pork Fettuccini
- Creamy Vegetarian Pasta
- Chorizo Risotto
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Zoe's Turkish Bread Pride, Pizza Base or Rolls
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Choc-caramilk Bavarian
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Rosette Christmas Cookies Shell