THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 500 g pork belly, skin removed
- 2 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 30 g ginger
- 80 g light soy sauce
- 40 g dark soy sauce
- 40 g hoisin sauce
- 80 g honey
- 20 g raw sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 50 g brown onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Rice Wine
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 500 g long grain rice, Basmati
- 1 l water
- 1 piece shallot, sliced for garnishing
4h 30minPreparation 4h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Place whole pork belly in a bowl or container. Set aside.
2. To make the marinade, chop ginger 3 sec/speed 7.
3. Add Chinese five spice powder, light soy, dark soy, hoisin sauce, honey and raw sugar into TM bowl. Mix 10 sec/speed 7.
4. Cook for 3 minutes/70C/speed 1.
5. Pour marinade over pork belly, season with salt and pepper, then massage pork with marinade gently. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight preferably.
6. BBQ or oven roast the pork belly for 30 minutes at 180C. Allow to cool, then cut 200g of the pork belly into cubes. Cut the remaining 300g into slices. Set aside.
1. Chop garlic and onions 3 sec/speed 7.
2. Add oil, saute garlic and onions for 2 mins/120C/speed 1.
3. Add the cubed pork belly pieces into the TM bowl with oyster sauce, sesame oil, Chinese rice wine, cornflour, white pepper and chicken stock to cook for 5 minutes/100C/"Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1.
Allow to cool before proceeding with the Automated Recipe Boiled Rice step.
Now pull up the TM5 Automated Recipe Boiled Rice.
For this step, you need to make sure the liquid ingredients total 1000g because the rice to liquid ratio MUST be 1:2. Otherwise you won't be able to cook the rice and other ingredients properly at the fixed time.
1. With the char siew left in your bowl, open the Automated Recipe > Boiled Rice on your menu.
2. Add water based on the 2:1 rice ratio (e.g. 1L water if you're making 500g rice), and then pre-washed the rice to remove starch.
3. Skip the first section of the Boiled Rice Automated Recipe where it cooks the water and bay leaf - and start cooking at the next step.
4. Add rice. Then proceed to turn the selector to begin cooking.
5. Once rice is ready, transfer to a ThermoServer to rest and keep warm. Serve with sliced Char Siew and sliced shallots as garnish.
Char Siew BBQ Pork marinade and roasting
AUTOMATED RECIPE BOILED RICE STEPS
Accessories you need
IMPORTANT - This recipe CANNOT be cooked on the TM31. The TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe uses the absorption method where the blade/mixing knife stops spinning while the rice cooks.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dad's Easy Chicken Curry
- Pumpkin Zucchini Cheesy Mini Muffins
- Ham and Tomato Rice (TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe HACK)
- Brookie - Chocolate Chip Brownie Swirl Cookies
- Sambal Belacan Tumis (Fried Chili Shrimp Paste)
- Traditional Mooncake with Red Bean paste
- Malaysian Chicken Laksa
- Flourless Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Stir Fried Mushroom and Egg Noodles
- Nyonya Onde-Onde
- Sticky Apple Chocolate Cake
- Kuih Lapis Legit (Spekkoek)
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup