- 50 g Parmesan cheese block, Crust removed, cut into pieces
- 30 g Brown onion Or spring onion
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 40 g Butter
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- 320 g arborio rice
- 150 g dry white wine
- pinch Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Chicken stock powder
- 2 tablespoons thermomix vege stock
- 250 g Field mushrooms, Sliced thick
- 300 g Chicken Breast., Cut into strips
- 630 g Water.
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, Chopped
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
(Please disregard first ingredient shown at left (bold type) - this is my first recipe upload contribution and I couldn't work out how to delete the error????)
1. Place parmesan cheese into mixing bowl and grate 10sec/speed 10. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
2. Place brown onion (shallots) and garlic cloves into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
3. Add butter and extra virgin olive oil and saute 3 min/120ºC/speed 1.
4. Insert butterfly whisk. Add risotto rice and saute 1 min/120ºC/reverse blade/speed 1.5 without measuring cup.
5. Add white wine and nutmeg. Scrape bottom of mixing bowl well with spatula to loosen rice. Saute 2 min/Varoma/reverse blade/speed 1.5 without measuring cup
6. Add stock, mushroom, chicken & water and again scrape bottom of mixing bowl with spatula to loosen rice. Cook 13 min/100ºC/reverse blade/speed 1.5. Place simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
7. Transfer into ThermoServer. Using the spatula combine with the reserved parmesan, the sour cream and the parsley and let it sit with the lid on for 5 minutes before serving.
Note: I adapted this recipe for the Thermomix 5 from 'Bowl Food' (Murdoch Books, 2002)
Accessories you need
This dish is best served immediately after the 5 min rest in the Thermosaver. I did try freyeing this in individual foil containers and it tastes good but it does become a little gluggy/mushy.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Mee Rebus
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Lasanha de espinafres
- Creamy bolognese risoni
- Bacon Mushroom Tomato Risoni Pasta
- Basilico Spago
- Sundried Tomato and Basil Chicken pasta salad
- Vegan Alfredo sauce
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread
- Wholesome Choco Fix Balls
- DATE & COCONUT BLISS BALLS
- The best double chocolate chip cookies
- The best choc chip cookies
- Ultimate Chocolate Brownie (Variation)
- Melbourne Mash
- Almond and Carrot Cake
- Vintage Cheddar & Caramelised Onion Dip
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies
- Ultimate Chocolate Blondie (Variation)