- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 whole dried chillies, (Optional)
- 1 brown onion, (Peeled & quartered )
- 30 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 450 grams Chicken thigh fillets, ( sliced up with knife into fairly big chunks)
- 70 grams Dry white sherry
- 400 grams Liquid Chicken Stock, ( or thermomix veg concentrate with water)
- 1 heaped teaspoon Thermomix vegie stock paste
- 250 grams water
- 50 grams pumpkin, ( diced into very small cubes )
Drain the soaked quinoa through the steamer basket and rinse under cold water. I highly recommend soaking quinoa overnight or for aslong as time forbids. As this helps remove the bitterness that quinoa can sometimes have.
Mince in the bowl the peeled garlic cloves and chillies of using on speed 9 for 10 seconds.
Add the onion and chop in bowl speed 4 , 5 seconds
add the olive oil and cook for 4 minutes varoma temperature reverse speed 2
while garlic etc is is cooking prepare the chicken thighs, making sure they are cut into fairly big chunks ( about 2 - 3 centermeters cubes. As I find sometimes chicken can get broken up and shredded in the cooking process that's also why I recommend thighs to be used
when end timer goes off remove lid and attach the butterfly whisk , then drop in the chicken and cook 5 minutes , varoma temperature , reverse speed soft
after 5 minutes add the rinsed and drained quinoa and dry white sherry , cook for another minute varoma temperature reverse speed 2
then add to bowl 400 g liquid chicken stock , and 250 g water.. Close the lid and set timer for 20 minutes , varoma temperature , reverse speed soft
while risotto is cooking prepare the pumpkin and any extra veggies you like , it's a great chance to use up any veg you may have in the fridge as anything goes with this recipe! I used a handful of cherry tomatoes halved , handful of frozen peas and about 100 g broccolini heads chopped. You can add anything you like for this step or keep it simple!
after 20 minutes is up remove lid and check risotto is not to dry , you can add 50 g extra water at a time if needed ,
add all the chopped veg and cook for a further 10 minutes , varoma temperature , reverse speed soft
serve into bowls sprinkled with fresh Parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper on top!
Even if the risotto still looks like it had quite a bit of liquid left after cooking time complete, it will absorb after a while
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Creamy chicken and bacon pasta with sundried tomatoes
- Mexican Chicken Bake
- Variation MellyMoo's Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta
- MellyMoo's Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta
- Quick Noodles
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Hillbilly's Special Non Fried Rice
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Chicken Fusilli in creamy white wine sauce
- Tuna Risotto
- Jude's Mac N Cheese
- Variation Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Beef and vegetable stew
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Date and carrot cake (nut, egg and butter free) - tastes like healthy gingerbread!
- Jumbo White Bread Loaf
- mayo egg free
- Aussie Apple Pie
- ANZAC Choccy Biccy Balls
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Parmigiana Sauce