- 1 piece onion, halved
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 pieces ginger, 1 inch by 1 inch each piece
- 60 grams oilve oil
- 100 grams dried shitake mushroom, soaked and sliced thinly
- 300 grams Chicken breast pieces, 2 x 2 cm
- 120 grams glutinous rice, or plain rice
- 1000 grams Chicken Stock/Broth
- 120 grams water
- 1 piece spring onion, shopped, to garnish
- piece boiled egg, optional
- 50 grams Jasmine rice
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place onion, ginger and garlic into mixing bowl. Insert measuring cup, chop 6 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
2. Add olive oil and sauté 4 mins/ 120°C/speed 1.
3. Insert butterfly whisk. Add chicken, mushroom and fish sauce, sauté 4 mins/ 120°C/speed 1.
4. Add glutinous and Jasmine rice, sauté 1 min/120°C//speed 1.5, without measuring cup.
5. Add chicken stock and water, saute 2 min/Varoma//speed 1.5, without measuring cup. Scrape bottom of mixing bowl well with spatula to loosen rice.
6. Place simmering basket instead of measuring cup into mixing bowl lid. Cook 18 min/ 100°C//speed 1.5.
7. Serve immediately. Garnish with boiled egg, chopped spring onions or fried garlic.
A comfort food akin to the Chinese Congee. Omit the fish sauce if you find it too pungent and use salt instead.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lisa’s ‘Fried’ Rice
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Curried tuna and pasta
- Chorizo and Mushroom Risotto with Green Peas
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Fried rice- Portuguese style
- Tuna Mornay
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Variation Pumpkin, Pancetta & Pea Risotto (or 3P Risotto!)
- Not So Tinned Spaghetti