- 1kg Royal Blue potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2cm pieces
- up to 300g Tipo 00 flour, start with 200g and use the rest if needed
- 120g Parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt
- 1 litre water, for steaming
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Steam your potatoes first by placing them into the Varoma dish and tray.
Add water into TM bowl, place lid and varoma into position and steam for 30 minutes (or until you can pierce with a fork) on varoma temp, speed 3.
Allow the potatoes to cool and press through a potato ricer into a large bowl. Using a ricer means less handling of the potatoes, therefore producing soft and pillowy gnocchi. Alternatively, you can mash the cooled potatoes in the TM bowl for 10 seconds on speed 4. Be mindful not to over mash them as you don't want to overwork the potato mixture. You can also mash by hand using a potato masher.
If using a ricer, add the potatoes back into the TM bowl.
Add 200g flour, parmesan and salt and knead for 30 seconds to obtain a soft and smooth mixture.
Place the dough onto a floured surface. Work some more flour into the dough if needed to prevent the mixture from being too sticky. (Note that too much flour will make the gnocchi heavy).
Divide the mixture into 4-5 portions, roll into a log about the width of a finger. Cut into pieces about 2cm long.
Cook immediately in small batches in a pot of boiling water. Once they float to the top, leave for a minute and remove with a slotted spoon into the sauce you are using.
**SEE BELOW TIPS IF NOT USING STRAIGHT AWAY**
The inspiration for this recipe came from a Nico Moretti pasta making class where we were shown how to make this by hand. I have changed certain steps to be able to prepare this easily in your Thermomix.
Accessories you need
If not using straight away, immerse each batch into a bowl of cold water, drain and drizzle with a little oil to prevent them sticking. The cooked gnocchi will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. To reheat, simply place in a pot of boiling water until they float to the surface again.
Alternatively, you can freeze the gnocchi on a floured tray and once frozen place into a ziplock bag.
**If you try this recipe please feel free to leave a comment and rating**
**Come and check out my facebook page "Aussie TM5 Thermomixer" for more great recipes, hints and tips**
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- More Again Dairy Free Carbonara
- More Again Risotto
- Prawn & Lemon Risotto
- Chicken, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Lisa’s ‘Fried’ Rice
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Curried tuna and pasta
- Chorizo and Mushroom Risotto with Green Peas
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- THAI HOT CHILLI SAUCE
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- LAKSA NOODLE STIR FRY
- QUICK AND EASY BEEF NACHOS
- TASTY SHEPHERD'S PIE (POTATO PIE, COTTAGE PIE)
- CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN AVOCADO CAULIFLOWER MASH
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup Noni’s special
- Little winner chicken dinner
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- White Chocolate Bavarian
- Banana and Date Muffins
- MEDITERRANEAN SCROLLS
- Grape jelly
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- Garlic and Caper Aioli
- F45 Cacao Bliss Balls
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Poached Chicken in Lemongrass Broth