- 600 grams Vintage Cheddar Cheese
- 100 grams Butter, Cut into Cubes
- 100 grams plain flour
- 2 tbsp English Mustart
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1.2 litres full-cream milk
- 1000 grams macaroni
- Salt & pepper to taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Cook macaroni as per the instructions on the packet (this will need to be done in a pot on the stove due to the quantity of macaroni to cook).
Place the cheese into a clean and dry TM bowl. Place the lid on the bowl and chop for 15 seconds speed 8.
Pour the shredded cheese into a bowl and set aside.
Without washing the bowl place the chopped butter into the TM bowl.
Place the lid on the bown and melt the butter for 5 mins at 70 deg speed 1.
Remove the lid and add the plain flour into the bowl, trying not to get too much on the blades.
Place the lid back onto the bowl and cook for 4 mins at 90 deg speed 1.
When cooked, remove the lid and add the English mustard, nutmeg and seasoning.
Place the lid onto the bowl and mix for 10 seconds speed 3.
Remove the lid and scrape down the sides of the bowl thoroughly.
Add 200g milk and place lid onto the bowl.
Mix the ingredients for 10 seconds speed 4.
Remove the lid and scrape down the sides of the bowl thoroughly, then add the reamining milk.
Place the lid onto the bowl and cook for 7 mins, 90 deg speed 3.
Carefully remove the lid and add the cheese, reserving approximately 200g.
Place lid back on bowl and cook a further 3 mins, 90 deg speed 3.
CAUTION: Contents contains a hot cheese sauce which may stick to the skin and burn if not careful.
Add the cheese sauce to the cooked macaroni and mix thoroughly. Spread the macaroni evenly into a large baking tray.
Sprinkle the reserved cheese evenly over the top and place into a hot oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with salad or mixed vegatables.
This makes a lot so there is plenty for left overs. The macaroni cheese bake freezes well.
Macaroni Cheese Bake
For a bacon and cheese macaroni bake, omit 200g of the cheese and add 200g of the bacon. Cook the bacon in the butter for 2 minutes to flavour, then continue with the addition of flour onwards.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pizza pasta salad
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Cauliflower & Broccoli "Rice"
- Feta Meatballs with red sauce
- Creamy tomato, chicken and pasta
- Bacon, Spinach & Red Pesto Risotto - Essential Living Mumma
- Variation Roasted Pumpkin and Mushroom Risotto
- All-in-one Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta
- Meaty Spaghetti Bolognese
- Creamy Lemon and Garlic Chicken Risotto
- Japanese Gyoza (dumplings)
- Creamy Fettuccini with Tuna
- Chicken, Tomato and Barley Soup
- Chocolate Cake
- Peanut Butter Gems
- Jersey Caramel Cheesecake
- Creamy Risoni Bake
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Parmesan
- Banana, Pineapple and Macadamia Cake
- Smoked Salmon Fettucinni
- Chocolate Custard Mousse
- Chicken Bean and Rice Salad
- Mum's Chocolate Truffles
- Baked Bubbly Muesli Bars
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Apple & Onion Parcels
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)