- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander ground
- Half teaspoon tumeric powder
- 20 grams oil
- 1 tablespoon TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 900 grams water
- 300 grams basmati rice, washed
- 60 grams sultanas
- 2 tablespoons Slivered or flaked almonds, To garnish
- chopped coriander, To garnish
Place garlic and onion in TM bowl and chop speed 6. 4 sec.
Add spices (cumin, ground coriander and tumeric) and oil and sauté 2 1/2 mins 100degrees speed 1
Add water and vegetable stock and mix 4 sec sp 2 to mix through, and then tip into a jug and set aside.
Weigh in rice to simmering basket and rinse under water.
Position simmering basket and rice into place in TM bowl and pour the stock and spice liquid over the rice (capturing the onion garlic and spices in the rice maximising the flavours)
Weigh the sultanas onto the rice.
Cook 16 minutes 100 degrees speed 2 (tip, initially turn speed to 5 to wash liquid over rice then after a few seconds turn back to sp 2 for remainder of cooking time)
Place some optional frozen peas in base of ThermoServer and then tip in cooked rice, garnish with fresh coriander and almonds and rest for 20-30 minutes.
This is beautiful served with roast lamb or lamb cutlets. Or even try is with a curry.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Variation Chicken, Chorizo & Mushroom Risotto
- Chicken Kiev Pasta Bake
- Mediterranean risotto
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Kyiden’s Mac n’ Cheese
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream
- Chorizo and Tomato Risotto
- Mum's simple bolognese sauce
- Celebration Dip
- Harissa and tomato Prawns with feta converted from woman's weekly super foods cookbook
- Prawn Cakes in lettuce cups by Pete Evans (Healthy Every Day) converted to thermomix
- Easy Gozleme
- Frappe, Best Ever!
- Perfect White Chocolate Custard
- Mango smoothie, tastes like a Mango Cream Weis bar!
- Prawn and Pea Risotto
- CADA Scrolls
- Vanilla Bean Paste and Vanilla Extract
- Steamed Banana Nut Puddings ( converted from better homes and gardens)
- 2 in 1 chicken corn soup and baby food
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Basil pesto
- Creamy spiced yoghurt dressing
- Smokey Bacon Dip
- Choc Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free