- 1 leek, pale section only, washed, sliced roughly
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 bacon, rashers, cut into strips
- 40 g Nuttelex
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- 60 g water
- 350 g arborio rice
- 840 g water
- 2 tablespoons Chicken or Vegetable stock concentrate (TM)
- 250 g mushrooms, Sliced or halved/quartered, see Notes before commencing
- 2 tablespoon savoury yeast flakes
- 100 g baby spinach, or more
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
91st main course 2nd main course Main course Side dish Starter Alcohol-free Baby food Children food Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Nut free Autumn Carnival Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Cooking Easy Low budget Quick Dinner Lunch Everyday Rice dish
- If you are cooking this for children or an adult who does not like visible signs of mushroom, please see the notes below before commencing.
Add leek, garlic to the bowl, Chop / Speed 5 / 5 seconds / MC on. Scrape down sides. Repeat if necessary.
- Add bacon, nuttelex, olive oil, saute / 2 minutes / 100 degrees / "Counter-clockwise operation" Speed 1
- Insert butterfly (whether to use the butterfly or not is optional, risotto can be made without it. The most important thing is ensuring you are cooking in reverse) / add rice / saute / 1 minute / 120 degrees / "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1.5
- Add 60g water, saute / 120 degrees / 2 minutes / "Counter-clockwise operation" sp1.5. Use spatula to scrape bottom of mixing bowl in clockwise direction to loosen rice.
- Add stock, savoury yeast flakes, sliced mushrooms, water. Use spatula to stir before cooking. Cook 14½ minutes / 100 degrees / "Counter-clockwise operation" / Speed 1.5 / MC off Basket on
- Add whole or torn spinach leaves to your thermoserver in two lots, half on the bottom, pour half of finished risotto on top, then remainder of spinach leaves, then remainder of risotto. Leave to sit for 10 minutes then mix and serve. Pepper to taste.
Accessories you need
If you do not need to be dairy free you can replace the savoury yeast flakes with parmesan cheese.
For even more flavour, use Portobello mushrooms. If your children do not like obvious slices of mushroom, add the mushrooms halved or quartered (depending on size) before step 1 and chop 5 seconds speed 4. Repeat if preferred. Perfect for kids.
If you want this recipe to be even quicker with prep, throw in roughly torn up bacon and blitz it with the leek and garlic.
Leaving the risotto to rest in the thermoserver at the end will allow it to cook a bit further, soak up a bit more liquid and wilt the spinach leaves. To give you an idea of quantity, this does enough for two meals each for both of my children (5 and 7) and lunch each for my husband and I. UPDATE: Next time I make this I plan on doing a mixture of blitzing and large dicing the mushrooms, so blitzing some at the beginning then adding a few large diced later on, to help get the kids use to the idea of munching on mushrooms.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- carta de garantia
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Mee Rebus
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Lasanha de espinafres
- Creamy bolognese risoni
- Bacon Mushroom Tomato Risoni Pasta
- Basilico Spago
- Sundried Tomato and Basil Chicken pasta salad
- Virgin Pina Colada Fruity Dream
- Protein Balls - Nut Free
- Spiced Ginger Mojito
- Tuna Mornay with Hidden Vegetables
- 'Ginger FREE' gingerbread - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy Free
- Taylor's Healthy Lunchbox Bliss Balls / Bars - gluten free, nut free, dairy free
- San Choy Bow (Allergy Friendly)
- Tuna and Cannellini Bean Dip - (Dairy Free, Gluten Free)
- Berry Cheesecake - Allergy Friendly - (Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Cocoa Free, Soy Free)
- Avocado Hommus
- Tomato, Chorizo and Zucchini Risotto
- Chicken and Spinach Risotto
- Nanna Mary’s Banana Cake
- Pecan Pie
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Raisin bread
- Favourite German mashpotato spinach cheese bake
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- JUMBO BREAD LOAF
- Maltese Galletti
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom