- 250 grams cheese, I used a mix of Tasty and Parmesan
- 500 grams mixed vegetables, I used carrot, zucchinni, capsicum and mushroom
- 250 grams basmati rice
- 1000 grams water
- 1 tsp salt
- 20 grams Butter
- 415 gram salmon, canned, I used red salmon
- 40 grams Butter
- 40 grams plain flour
- 500 grams Milk
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks
- 20 grams cream
1h 15minPreparation 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Weigh cheese into bowl (cut into 3cm cubes) and chop 10 seconds, speed 10. Tip into bowl and set aside. Do not wash mixing bowl.
2. Add 500g mixed vegetables and which have been cut into 3-4cm pieces. Chop 5 seconds, speed 4-5. Place vegetables into varoma dish and set aside. Do not wash mixing bowl.
3. Put steaming basket into Thermomix bowl and and weigh in 250g basmati rice. Remove basket and rince rice until water runs clear.
4. Add 1000g water to mixing bowl along with 1tsp salt and 20g of butter. Re insert steaming basket containing rice, place lid and varoma into position and cook 14 minutes, varoma temp, speed 4.
5. While cooking, grease baking dish and turn on oven to 190 degrees. Prepare tinned salmon (I like to remove skin and bones).
6. Once rice has cooked, press into the base of your baking dish. Leave vegetables aside and prepare Bechamel sauce by combining butter, flour, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg and cooking for 7 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 4. Add egg yolks and cream and combine 10 seconds, speed 4.
7. When the mornay has cooked, add reserved vegetables and salmon to your bowl and combine 3 seconds, speed 4, REVERSE.
8. Pour sauce mix over rice, top with remaining cheese (and breadcrumbs if you wish) and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Stand for 15 minutes to allow to set before serving.
You can make your own bread crumbs by 2 toasted pieces of bread with a few cubes of parmesan, salt and pepper. Mill for 10-15 seconds, speed 10.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Char Kuey Teow
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Variation Chicken, Chorizo & Mushroom Risotto
- Chicken Kiev Pasta Bake
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- American Banana Bread
- choc ripple truffle balls
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gluten Free Cornflake Bikkies