THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 300 grams basmati rice, washed and rinsed
- 400 grams can Chopped Tomatoes
- 750 grams water
- 1/2 level teaspoon cayenne pepper, adjust to taste
- 2 heaped tablespoons thermomix chicken stock
- 200 grams green beans, cut into 3-4 cms lengths
- 300 grams chorizo, sliced or chopped
- 170 grams shrimp, shelled, cleaned, deveined
- 200 grams marinated red capsicum, drained and sliced
- grams Handful coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 level teaspoons cumin seed, ground
- 1 1/2 level teaspoons coriander, ground
- 30 grams olive oil
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Peel and chop garlic. 1 s / Speed 6.
- Add olive oil, cumin, coriander, and paprika to the bowl. Sautee for 2 mins / 100°C / Speed 1
- Put butterfly into bowl. Add rice, water, cayenne pepper, chicken stock, and tomatos to bowl. Cook for 12 mins / 100°C / Speed 1.
- Add green beans to bowl. [/size]Cook for 10 mins / 100°C / Speed 1 / MC Off.
- While rice is cooking, cook chorizo in a frying pan over medium heat for 5 minnutes or until golden brown. Toss the shrimp to cook halfway through the process so that the shrimp and chorizo are done at the same time.
- Transfer rice from bowl to thermoserver with capsicum and coriander leaves and drizzle the oil from the chorizo pan over the dish. Then add the chorizo and shrimp to the mixture and lighty toss to combine.
CAJUN DIRTY RICE (WITH CHORIZO AND SHRIMP)
Adjust the level of spice to your taste. Serve with warm corn bread or corn casserole to have that blissful sweet and spicy mix. Each serving is approximately 419 calories.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Pate au Pistou
- Duo Rice; Boiled Rice and Steamed Cauliflower Rice
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Choc Protein Balls
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread
- Variation Never Fail Fluffy Bread
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Low carb herb bread