- as per preparation block
500g very ripe tomatoes, quartered1 granny smith apple, cored and quartered, skin on1tsp Salt100g Apple cider vinegar50-100g HoneyPinch each of Ground Cloves, cinnamon, allspice and cayenne pepper. Add more cayenne pepper if you like it hot!
3. Add honey and spices and cook for further 30 mins, 100 degrees, speed 1, no MC. It may be quicker or take longer, depending on the consistency you prefer. Cook for longer for a thicker sauce.Makes approximately 500 mls. If properly stored in preserve jars, will last a year. The old wives hint is to wrap the jars in aluminium foil if you are going to store them, it preserves the rich red colour.
Otherwise, will last at least a month in the fridge.
Recipe adapted from:
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Lemon Curd - Dairy Free, Paleo
- Cucumber and Dill dip
- Creamy tomato pasta sauce
- One jar Speedy Pickled Onions
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Steak Spice
- Old fashioned pan juice gravy
- Zesty Hommus (with Young Living Essential Oils)
- Shrimp Paste Chilli Sauce