- 2 Peeled Garlic Cloves
- 4 boiled egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- salt and pepper to season
- 250ml --- cold pressed avocado oil
1.Place garlic in bowl and 10sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat 10sec/speed 9. ( garlic needs to be very fine)
2. Add egg yolks,mustard, lemon or lime juice,salt & pepper into the bowl with the garlic 20secs/speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat 10secs/speed 6.
3. Once the above mixture is nice and smooth, insert butterfly, and with the MC in place , set to speed 4 and vey slowly pour the oil onto the lid. This should take about 2 mins to emulsify.
4. Check the consistency and taste and adjust with more salt & pepper, lemon juice if necessary. Give a few more secs on speed 4 to combine.
5 .Pour into a jar and refrigerate. The mayonnaise will set when cold.
6 .Serve on what ever you like. We have it on everything !It is a beautiful pale lime colour. Lots of healthy fats.
7. Fill the leftover egg whites with a delicious filling, top with mayo and garnish.
Suitable for those unable to tolerate raw eggs or for those trying to avoid raw egg ( if pregnant)
Recipe suitable for TM31 and TM5
The eggs can be boiled in the steaming basket ,recipe P57 in EDC. or P73 of Basic Cookbook.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.