- 5 piece large red capsicums
- 2 brown onions, cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g white vinegar
- 60 g white sugar
- 1 tbsp sambal or 1 red chilli
2h 40minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- cook capsicums over a flame (i used the BBQ) until skin has blackened. place into a metal bowl and cover with cling wrap.
let sit until cooled to the touch.
you want the cooked capsicums to sweat, this helps taking the skin off.
onced cooled peel all the skins and deseed capsicums and place capsicum aside.
- place onion and oil in TM bowl
blend for 5 secs on speed 5.
keeping lid on cook for 5 minutes 100 degrees speed 1.
- place cooked capsicums
into bowl and cook for 60 minutes 98 degrees "Gentle stir setting" gentle stiring.
once finished cooking blend for 30 secs speed 7.
- place into sterilised jars and store in fridge.
Accessories you need
serve accompainied with eggs, toasties, quiches. just about anything savoury.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Satay Marinade
- Mediterranean Skordalia
- Caramelised French Onion Dip
- Kickin BBQ Sauce
- Lisa Vegan butter
- Nannie’s Relish - thermi converted using tinned tomatoes
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Honey Soy Marinade
- Muliti-Purpose Yummy Green Sauce
- Variation Traditional Pan Juice Gravy
- Velveting marinade for 500g chicken