- 1000 grams quinces, unpeeled roughly chopped
- 600 grams water
- 1 --- nut bag or muslin cloth, Or Enjo wash bag
- 1 --- Large bowl, or Pan
- dripped Quince juice, 300-500ml
- raw sugar, Same qty as Quince Juice
Wash and roughly chop 1kg quinces, weigh into TM bowl and
6 Sec/ speed 6. Repeat and use spatula to move quinces onto blades until resembles pulp.
Add 600 grams Water to TM Bowl, cook 45 mins/ 100c/ speed 1.
Pour into Bag Muslin cloth or enjo wash bag and then hang and let drip into bowl for at least 5 hours (preferably overnight) . DO NOT squeeze bag otherwise your jelly will be cloudy. The juice will look milky and won't be clear at this point.
Weigh dripped Quince Juice back into TM Bowl. Add same amount of Raw Sugar (between 300-600 Grams).
Cook 45 minutes/ 100c/ speed 1
Check for setting, add another 20-30 minutes and if necessary increase temp to Varoma (use basket on top of lid to prevent splattering).
Pour into sterilised Jar and seal.
Draining of Quince Juice
You'll also need Jam Jars/ Preserving Jars
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Indulgent Cream Cheese Brownies
- Charlie's Vanilla Bean Paste
- Charlie's Spicy Prawn & Pumpkin Soup
- Vanilla Bean Custard- Arwen's version
- Mayonnaise Free Coleslaw - Arwen's version
- Arwen's Heavenly Hummus
- Arwen's Fresh Fruit Sorbet
- Pizza Bianca with Rosemary & Garlic
- Rosey & Arwen's Spanish Surprise Breakfast Muffins
- Buckwheat Dinner Rolls - Arwen's tweaked version
- Charlie's Creme Caramel
- Erica & Arwen's Apricot & Hazelnut Hot Cross Buns
- Annabel Karmel's Chicken with Apricots by Domestic Thermominx
- Bindy’s Mud Cake
- Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- Kristie's Oil Free Chicken Marinate
- Vegan Bolognese Pasta Sauce
- Thick Bechamel Sauce
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- Mixie's cold brew coffee
- 3 course baby meal (& no need to clean the thermie bowl between)
- Cauliflower steaks with lemon coconut sauce