- 700 g Beetroot, fresh
- 1 garlic, clove
- 2 cm piece ginger, fresh root
- 1/2 red chilli
- 160 g malt vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 180 g raw sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel beetroot and halve or quarter depending on size.
2. Chop beetroot, ginger, garlic and chilli sp5 3-5 sec. Do not over chop, you do not want a paste, it needs some texture.
3. Add vinegar. Cook 18min/100/SP1.
4. Season with salt and pepper, add mixed spice and sugar. Cook 15min/100/Sp1. (Place simmering basket on lid instead of MC.) Check relish is set, it should be relatively dry and firm. You may need to cook for a further 5 - 10 min if there is too much moisture.
5. Transfer into a sterilised jar and store in fridge.
Accessories you need
Alter the amount of chilli to your liking, I used about half a medium red chilli.
Serve on a cheese platter or add to a sandwich or cold meat platter.
** This recipe originally come from some good friends and I thought it can be perfectly adapted to suit the Thermomix.**
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Gluten Free Cheese Puffs - WA School Canteen- Assessed AMBER
- Vegetable Pasta Sauce - WA School Canteen - Assessed
- Baked Ricotta
- Skolebrod (Norwegian Custard Buns)
- Chocolate Raspberry Drizzle Cake
- Blueberry and Coconut Mini Muffins (Wheat Free)
- Cherry and White Chocolate Tart
- Spelt Banana Loaf
- Popcorn Bars