- 1000 grams Milk
- 250 grams plain flour, sifted, or 1 cup
- 180 grams ¼ cup (60 ml.) grated Kefalotyri cheese, or Parmesan cheese if you try but cannot find the Greek cheese), Kefalograviera, Roma, or a mixture of Gruyere and Parmesan cheese
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 level teaspoon white pepper, ground, or black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Easy method: Place the ingredients in the TM bowl & cook 7 mins/90C/speed 4.
Greek Béchamel Sauce
Accessories you need
This recipe is typically used with Greek Pastitsia.
A more traditional method
Place the milk in the TM bowl & heat to scald the milk 5 mins/90C/speed 1. Set aside & keep hot.
Place the butter in the TM bowl 1 min/90C/speed 2.
Cook the butter in the TM bowl at 7 mins/ 90C/ speed 4/MC off, and slowly pour the flour through the MC hole to make a roux. Once the roux is smooth, slowly add the hot milk.
Finally, through the MC hole, add the grated cheese, nutmeg, pepper and egg yolks in that order. The sauce should be smooth & glossy, and cook 3 mins/37C/ speed 1.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation of Jamie Oliver’s Sticky Date Toffee Pudding
- Coffee Scrolls À la Anniembee
- Cherry Sauce
- Anniebee's Nutella Spread [no added sugar]
- Lime and Coconut Cake
- Real chocolate ice cream
- Annieb's Healthy Carrot Cake [no sugar or oil]
- Vanilla Shortbread
- Rocky Road Salami
- 60 Second Strawberry Cake
- Very Red Velvet Mud Cake
- Anniebees Adulterated Anzac Cookies
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Zoe's Mundella Greek Honey Yoghurt using the Crock Pot Express to Set
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- The perfect lemon tart
- Dairy Free Breakfast Smoothie
- Choc-caramilk Bavarian
- Rosette Christmas Cookies Shell
- Salted Caramel Fudge
- TM6 Yogurt - Greek style or Vanilla Flavour
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Hot Chocolate with Froth
- Blackberry Muffins