- 240 grams Barley wheat Vinegar
- 240 grams water
- 200 grams castor sugar
- 400 grams apples, finely chopped
- 120 grams dates, finely chopped
- 60 grams brown sugar
- 1 level teaspoons salt
- 40 grams golden syrup
- 5 grams mixed spice
- 1/4 level teaspoons Guar Gum
- 5g grams tamarind paste
- 2 fillets Anchovy fillet, finely minced
- 5 grams liquid caramel, For colouring
Recipe is created for
TM 6For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
Recipe is created for
TM 5If you are using a Thermomix® TM6 measuring cup with your Thermomix® TM5:
For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
- Place 240g Barley Wheat Vinegar and 240g Water into the Thermomix bowl. Heat for 5 minutes at 100°C on Speed 1.
Add 200g Sugar, 400g Apples, 120g Dates, 60g Brown Sugar, 5g Salt, 40g Golden Syrup, 5g Mixed Spices, 0.6g Guar Gum, 5g Tamarind Paste, and 2 Anchovies into the Thermomix bowl. Stir gently by using the "Reverse" function, Speed 1, for 5 minutes at 90°C.
Simmer the mixture for an additional 30 minutes at 90°C on Speed 1, with the simmering basket in place of the measuring cup to allow steam to escape.
In the last 10 minutes of cooking, add 5g Caramel (150C), 2.5g Natural Flavour Extract, and 1.25g Emulsifier (433). Stir gently in "Reverse" mode, Speed 1, to incorporate these ingredients.
Remove the mixture from the Thermomix bowl and let it cool.
Transfer the Lancashire Relish to sterilized jars. Seal the jars tightly and store in a cool, dark place.
The relish will improve in flavor if left to mature for a few weeks.
Enjoy your homemade Lancashire Relish with cheese, cold meats, or as a condiment with various dishes.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Rum and Raisin Icecream
- Julie's Tomato Chutney
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- CHICKEN LARB WITH GLASS NOODLES
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- THERMOMUMMA HERB & GARLIC BREAD
- Vanilla Baked Doughnuts (GF/DF)