- 80 grams Parmesan cheese
- 50 grams shelled pistachios
- 40 grams flat leaf parsley
- 40 grams Rocket (arugula)
- 1 Garlic clove (peeled)
- 80 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 20 grams freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15 grams balsamic vinegar
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place parmesan cheese into Mixing Bowl and grate for 10 seconds/speed 10
- Add shelled pistachios, parsley, rocket, garlic, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and peper to taste. Chop for 20 seconds/speed 7.
- Best served immeditely as pesto tends to brown quickly. Can be transferred into a steralised jar (seal with extra olive oil) and stored in the refrigerator (for up to a week). Pesto can be frozen.
I purchased a packet of rocket seeds 7 years ago for $6 and sprinkled them in my veggie patch. I have not purchased rocket since. It continually self seeds, same with parsley. Both are almost at the stage of being 'weeds' in my garden, they pop up everywhere. I'm not complaining, there is always a jar of pesto in our fridge.
Serve pesto with pasta or zucchini noodles. Use as a dip or spread on toast as a butter replacement. A lovely addition to salads.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.