- 1 clove garlic, choose a big, fat juicy one for best results
- 250 grams whole Greek pitted olives, (the black wrinkly ones) - or - 180 g pitted black brine-cured olives
- 25 grams anchovy fillets, in oil, drained.(if using salted anchovies, first cover with milk and soak for 15 minutes to remove some of the salt)
- 15 grams caper berries
- 1 tsp smooth French Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme leaves, one sprig)
- 1/4 tsp fresh rosemary leaves, (one sprig; optional but really good)
- 90 grams extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, several turns
1. Peel your garlic, 4 seconds/Speed 4 ½ /Reverse Blade Function . Cancel your Reverse Blade Function Remove and discard skins. Add all other ingredients except the oil and pepper and process 10 seconds/Speed 7 or until you get a thick paste.
Place a jug or a bowl on top of your Thermomix lid and weigh in the olive oil. With the blades of the Thermomix running at Speed 4 and the measuring cup turned bottom up, slowly pour the olive oil onto the lid and let it drip through the gap until fully incorporated. This will take about a minute. Stop and scrape the sides of the Thermomix bowl with the spatula.
Taste and add freshly ground pepper. Mix again 10 seconds/Speed 4. Turn out into a pretty bowl and serve with crudités, crusty French bread, or Bernie Brennan’s Almond and Seed Crackers, or spread it on your next leg of lamb.
Peel the garlic! and chop your ingredients
Emulsify the tapenade
With its deep, complex flavours, Tapenade is delightful served in several ways, including spread on wholesome, chewy French bread and as a dip for crudités. It combines with lamb for a match made in heaven and can be used as a basting spread/rub for your leg or shoulder of lamb. Some firm-fleshed, flavoursome fish also stands up to black olive tapenade; at my restaurant Le Bistro du Lac in the USA I would drop a spoonful into a garlic cream sauce for grilled loin or sautéed medallions of monkfish and serve it over fresh pasta - which of course you can make in your Thermomix. Delicious!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mom’s Chili Con Carne, Thermomix style
- Gluten free, Dairy free, Vegetarian Coconut Milk Wraps with Sweet Chilli and Lime Dipping Sauce
- Mexican Chicken All-in-One Varoma Meal
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Marion’s Fabulous Scones
- Artichokes Vinaigrette in the Varoma!
- Cauliflower Couscous (Tabouleh)
- Coffee Walnut Cake
- Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Gluten Free and Grain Free)
- Low Fat All-in-One Varoma Chicken Supper
- Madame Thermomix’s Spicy Crab Tempura
- Bernie Brennan’s Almond and Seed Crackers
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages
- Creamy tomato bisque
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Sicilian Olive Tapenade
- Variation Broccoli Soup
- Crayfish Cob Loaf
- Variation Spinach & Ricotta Rolls
- Spinach & Ricotta Rolls
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup