- 450 g Paw Paw, Green or 1/2 ripe
- 1 green apple, Medium size, skin and core removed cut into 4
- 1/2 red onion, Medium size, peeled
- 10 g ginger, Peeled
- 5 clove garlic, Peeled
- 1 birds eye chilli, seeds removed if you don't like heat
- 100 g pitted dates
- 100 g sultanas
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 g malt vinegar
- 100 g water
- 300 g brown sugar
- 1. Cut the skin off the paw paw and remove the seeds, cut into 3-4cm cubes 2.) Add Paw Paw, Green apple, red onion and garlic to TM bowl and chop 2 secs | speed 5, set aside. 3.) Add ginger and red chilli to bowl and chop 5 secs | Speed 6| scrape down side4.) Add paw paw and apple/onion/garlic mix to TM bowl, add 100gms dates and 100gms sultanas, 1 tsp curry powder, 1/2 tsp allspice, 1 tsp salt, 300gms malt vinegar, 100gms water and cook 10 mins | varoma |sp 1 | reverse with MC cap on5.) Add 300gms brown sugar and cook 50 mins | 100 deg | Sp soft | reverse with the varoma bottom on top - this lets the steam out but catches the spitting. 6.) Cook for a further 20 mins | varoma | Sp 2 | reverse with varoma bottom on top You should be able to tell if the chutney is ready, as it will be thick and sticky, and it will 'gel' when tested on a cold plate. Bottle in hot sterile jars. This recipe makes approximately 1 litre of chutney.
This is a great chutney that keeps well in the fridge or preserved in jars in the pantry. It's delicious with cold meats, dolloped on the side of a bbq plate, perfect with some sharp cheese on a cracker. It's excellent on sandwiches, it can be blended and mixed with a little oil to be used as a glaze for meats or roasted vegetables and is great with curries .
For the 'story' beind this recipe, have a read of my blog atwww.asliceofvi.blogspot.com.au - you can also follow me on Facebook //www.facebook.com/asliceofvi
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spelt Pizza with cured Salmon, avocado, cucumber and lemon drizzle sauce
- Sweet Orange Jam
- Green Mango Chutney
- Peppery cured salmon
- Tomato Passata
- Butter cake with passionfruit cream cheese icing
- Tuna Pasta
- Mango Macadamia Smoothie
- Creamy Mango Ice Cream Bars
- Chermoula marinade
- Coriander cashew and lime pesto
- Sugar Cookies
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Pate au Pistou
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Choc Protein Balls
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS