- 2 white onions, Quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 level tbsp tomato puree
- 4 cans chopped tomatoes, 400g each
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 level tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 level tbsp agave syrup
1h 20minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add quartered onions to the bowl with a dash of oil. Chop the onion for 3 seconds at speed 5. Scrape down the bowl and cook for 6 minutes, speed 2 at varoma temp
- Add the garlic to the pan. Cook for 1 min, speed 2 at aroma temp.
- Stir in the tomato puree and cook for 2 mins, speed 2 at aroma temp.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, fresh thyme, balsamic vinegar & agave syrup. Remove the measuring cup but put the steaming basket over the hole to stop the splashes whilst it cooks. Cook for 90 mins, speed 2 at 100 temp.
Accessories you need
This sauce should be portioned out. Either stored in the fridge to be used within 1 week or stored in the freezer to be used within 3 months.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)