- 4 cm ginger, chopped into chunks (approx. 30g)
- 4 cloves garlic, whole (approx 20g)
- 15 gram sesame oil
- 195 gram Peanut Butter, natural (peanuts only) is best. I use smooth as my family prefers it.
- 40 gram lime juice, approx 2 limes / 2tbs
- 130 gram soy sauce, gluten free, Tamari (low salt) is best
- 120 gram honey, liquid, approx 4.5tbs
8Recipe is created for
- Place garlic and ginger into bowl and chop 4 seconds / speed 7
- Scrape down Thermomix bowl with spatula and chop 3 seconds / speed 7
- Scrape down Thermomix bowl with spatula. Add sesame oil and cook 2min / 100°C / Speed 1
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook 3min / 100°C / Speed 2
Taste and adjust as necessary, doing a quick mix (around 5 seconds at speed 2) between additions if you make any.
If you would like it sweeter - add more honey, saltier - add more tamari, sourer – add more lime, nuttier/thicker – add more peanut butter
Recipe makes approx. 450ml of sauce.
Accessories you need
- The sauce will be a dark colour. When you stir this sauce through your stir-fry, it will lighten to the traditional colour.
- This makes a lot of sauce. I usually stir fry 1kg of chicken pieces along with 3 sliced onions, 4 sliced carrots, 6 sticks of sliced celery, 2 heads of chopped broccoli, 3 chopped capsicum then stir the sauce through at the end. You can halve or quarter the recipe if you wish to make less.
- If the sauce is too thick after you’ve added it to your meal, you can loosen it with a little water as needed.
- To give it a kick, add finely chopped chilli or curry paste in step 1.
- Recipe converted to use with Thermomix from Jessica Donovan’s Natural Super Kids Klub program www.energeticmama.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Savoury cheese scone
- Spicy Plum and Date Chutney
- Maria's Meat Balls
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Japanese Katsu chicken curry
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- Pumpkin pasta sauce
- Balinese Corn Fritters
- More Again Dairy Free Carbonara
- More Again Risotto
- Coconut and cashew chicken