- ½ small red onion (approx 100 g)
- 1-2 sprigs fresh dill, leaves only
- 250 g cream cheese
- 120 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ - 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp pickled capers, drained
- 250 g smoked salmon, cut into pieces
- fresh chives or dill, fresh finely chopped, for garnishing
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion and dill into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add cream cheese, cream, lemon juice and Tabasco and mix 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add capers and smoked salmon and mix 30 sec/speed 5, until a smooth mousse-like consistency is achieved. For a coarser texture, pulse Turbo/1 sec/2-3 times, until desired consistency is achieved.
Garnish with chopped chives or dill before serving.
Smoked Salmon Mousse
This recipe is featured in the Cooking with Thermomix (Easter Edition) class. The original TM31 recipe is from Devil of a Cookbook //bit.ly/1J4sL8M
Tips:Serve in individual ramekins with toast fingers, crackers or vegetable sticks. This mousse is also perfect for filling small vol-au-vents as a canapé.
Other users also liked...
- 3 Chilli Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles