- 500-600 grams full-fat pouring (whipping) cream
- 500 grams water, chilled
- 1/2 shallot
- 70 grams red wine
- 5-6 sprigs continental parsley, leaves only
Insert butterfly. Place cream into the mixing bowl and whip 1-3 min / speed 4 or until solids and liquids have separated. Remove butterfly.
Strain the liquid component (buttermilk) from the solids into a separate jug using the TM basket. Press the butter solids against the side of the basket with TM spatula to ensure all liquid has been removed.
Return butter solids to the mixing bowl and add chilled water. Mix for 5-10 sec / speed 4. The liquids and solids will separate again (discard liquid component this time).
Again using the TM basket, strain the liquids from the solids a second time so that only the butter remains. Discard liquid. Squeeze as much liquid out of the butter as possible. Leave butter solids in the TM basket.
Place shallot and parsley into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Return butter solids to mixing bowl and add wine. Mix for 10-20 secs/ speed 4 until ingredients are combined.
Transfer butter mixture to a sheet of baking paper. Roll the butter into a tight log, twisting the edges of the baking paper to enclose. Chill until solid in fridge or freezer.
Reserve the buttermilk (original liquid portion of the butter) after draining in step 2 to use in scones, breads or pancakes. Buttermilk can also be frozen for later use.
Cut butter into discs when ready to use and allow to melt on top of a hot steak, hamburger or hot potato. Serve with perfect mashed potato made in the TM bowl and delicously steamed vegies from the Varoma.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Raw Tahini Dressing
- Guilt free Hollandaise Sauce
- Apricot jam (made with maple syrup)
- Creamy Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Vol au Vents
- Nanna Smith’s Caramel Sauce
- Caramelised onion and beetroot relish
- Capers and Lemon Aioli
- Basil Pesto
- Apple and sage sauce
- Caitys chutney
- Avocado Hummus
- Lisa & Walid’s Hummus
- Fresh tomato tart
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Jen's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Chicken, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Asian Vegetable Stock Paste