- 500-600 grams full-fat pouring (whipping) cream
- 500 grams water, chilled
- 1/2 shallot
- 70 grams red wine
- 5-6 sprigs continental parsley, leaves only
8Recipe is created for
Insert butterfly. Place cream into the mixing bowl and whip 1-3 min / speed 4 or until solids and liquids have separated. Remove butterfly.
Strain the liquid component (buttermilk) from the solids into a separate jug using the TM basket. Press the butter solids against the side of the basket with TM spatula to ensure all liquid has been removed.
Return butter solids to the mixing bowl and add chilled water. Mix for 5-10 sec / speed 4. The liquids and solids will separate again (discard liquid component this time).
Again using the TM basket, strain the liquids from the solids a second time so that only the butter remains. Discard liquid. Squeeze as much liquid out of the butter as possible. Leave butter solids in the TM basket.
Place shallot and parsley into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Return butter solids to mixing bowl and add wine. Mix for 10-20 secs/ speed 4 until ingredients are combined.
Transfer butter mixture to a sheet of baking paper. Roll the butter into a tight log, twisting the edges of the baking paper to enclose. Chill until solid in fridge or freezer.
Reserve the buttermilk (original liquid portion of the butter) after draining in step 2 to use in scones, breads or pancakes. Buttermilk can also be frozen for later use.
Cut butter into discs when ready to use and allow to melt on top of a hot steak, hamburger or hot potato. Serve with perfect mashed potato made in the TM bowl and delicously steamed vegies from the Varoma.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Steak Spice
- Zesty Hommus (with Young Living Essential Oils)
- Shrimp Paste Chilli Sauce
- Warmly Spiced Pumpkin Dip
- PIMPs Apple Sauce
- Butter Ganache
- Mums Cheese Ball
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Vegan/Egg Free Variation No Fail, No Fuss, No Butterfly, NO Egg Mayo
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Kangaroo Rendang Curry
- Easy Peasy Chinese-y Spring Rolls
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Fragrant pipis
- Steam Pork Bun
- Cheese and Bacon Mini Muffins
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Ham and Cheese Gluten Free Quinoa Muffins (Dairy Free Variations)