- 500-600 grams full-fat pouring (whipping) cream
- 500 grams water, chilled
- 1/2 shallot
- 70 grams red wine
- 5-6 sprigs continental parsley, leaves only
Insert butterfly. Place cream into the mixing bowl and whip 1-3 min / speed 4 or until solids and liquids have separated. Remove butterfly.
Strain the liquid component (buttermilk) from the solids into a separate jug using the TM basket. Press the butter solids against the side of the basket with TM spatula to ensure all liquid has been removed.
Return butter solids to the mixing bowl and add chilled water. Mix for 5-10 sec / speed 4. The liquids and solids will separate again (discard liquid component this time).
Again using the TM basket, strain the liquids from the solids a second time so that only the butter remains. Discard liquid. Squeeze as much liquid out of the butter as possible. Leave butter solids in the TM basket.
Place shallot and parsley into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Return butter solids to mixing bowl and add wine. Mix for 10-20 secs/ speed 4 until ingredients are combined.
Transfer butter mixture to a sheet of baking paper. Roll the butter into a tight log, twisting the edges of the baking paper to enclose. Chill until solid in fridge or freezer.
Reserve the buttermilk (original liquid portion of the butter) after draining in step 2 to use in scones, breads or pancakes. Buttermilk can also be frozen for later use.
Cut butter into discs when ready to use and allow to melt on top of a hot steak, hamburger or hot potato. Serve with perfect mashed potato made in the TM bowl and delicously steamed vegies from the Varoma.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Variation Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's)..more zing, less sugar
- One Jar Passionfruit Butter
- Keto creamy avocado and coriander lime dressing
- Grapefruit Orange Chia Marmalade
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Lemon Curd - Dairy Free, Paleo
- Cucumber and Dill dip
- Creamy tomato pasta sauce
- One jar Speedy Pickled Onions
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Asian Vegetable Stock Paste
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Kangaroo Rendang Curry
- Easy Peasy Chinese-y Spring Rolls
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip