- 200 g of raw beetroot (approx 1 medium beetroot), cut into 8 pieces
- 100 g cooked chickpeas (approx 1/2 tin drained chickpeas)
- 1 garlic clove, - peeled
- 30 g lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp hot English mustard
8Recipe is created for
1. Place raw beetroot in the Thermomix bowl and chop for 5 secs on speed 5
2. Place the beetroot in the varoma on the top tray, cover the bades with water and when the water reaches varoma temp, steam the beetroot for 15 mins.
3. Once the beetroot is cooked, place the varoma tray on the varoma lid and put in the fridge to cool down.
4. Clean and dry the Thermomix bowl. Chop the garlic on speed 7 for 2-3 seconds.
5. Add the chickpeas, tahini, oilve oil and lemon juice and blend on speed 4 for approx 4 mins or as long as it takes to get a really smooth consistency, (depends how soft your chickpeas are cooked). You will need to scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times.
6. Add cooled beetroot to the bowl, add the mustard and a pich of salt and pepper. Stir on reverse on speed 2-3 till combined in approx 8-10 secs
Accessories you need
This dip is dairy free unlike most beetroot dip recipes that have yoghurt.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peach melba Smoothie
- Jaffa Mud Cake
- Gluten Free Polish Plum (or peach) cake
- Gluten Free ANZAC biscuits
- Diddlee Dee Green Smoothie - for St Paddy's Day!
- Soft Butter for the Fridge
- Raw Choc Fudge
- The best gluten free banana pancakes
- Blueberry Bombshell Smoothie
- Coconut and cashew cream
- Vegetarian Kedgeree
- Banana bread with dates and walnuts - dairy and gluten free