- 500 grams sunflower seeds, husks removed
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- 70 grams Pure Maple Syrup
- 30 grams Ghee
8Recipe is created for
1. Preheat oven to 180ºc.
2. Toast sunflower seeds on baking trays for 5-10 minutes. Toss seeds and toast for a further 5 minutes. Allow toasted seeds to cool.
3. Transfer the cooled, toasted seeds to the TM bowl and pulverise for 10 seconds on speed 9 until seeds become powdery.
4. Process for 1 minute on speed 9, then scrape down sides. Seeds will begin releasing oils after 30secs. As the seeds heat to 50 degrees, put TM bowl into the fridge to cool, before resuming the processing again.
5. Add sea salt, pure maple syrup and ghee.
6. Resume processing for 1 minute on speed 9, or until the sunbutter appears creamy. Again, refrigerate the TM bowl with the seed mixture inside, if it reaches 50 degrees. Only resume processing on speed 9, once it has cooled down.
Accessories you need
This recipe can be used as a substitute for peanut butter in biscuits, satays or sweet treats.
Please see my other recipes using sunbutter on the recipe community.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Chilli Con Quesso
- Belizean Style Habanero Sauce - Hot Chilli Sauce
- Cheesy Bechamel Sauce Double Batch
- Easy Caramelised Onions
- Hot and Smooth Chilli Sauce
- Classic Satay Sauce
- Vegemite - Healthy Version
- Curry paste for Japanese Curry
- Peanut Butter
- Organic Mix Berry Chia Jam
- Egyptian Beetroot Dip
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Sooji halwa
- Chicken tikka masala
- Warming Kitchari
- South Indian Chicken Biryani
- Beef and Guinness Casserole
- Roasted tomato soup (low salt) - Emily George conversion
- Enchilada Sauce (low salt)
- tomato kasundi (taste)
- Low Salicylate Carob Sweet Potato Brownies
- Milk Peda (Doodh Peda)
- Chocolate Nutty Slice (Sugar Free, GF, Paleo)