- 800 grams Red Blood plums, These have red flesh
- 400 grams Brown Vinegar, Could use other vinegar
- 400 grams raw sugar, or other sugar
- 1 heaped teaspoon all spice, Could use cinnamon
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 heaped teaspoon powdered ginger, Could use fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, Increase to 1 teaspoon if desired
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Weigh in 800 grams of whole plums, and add sugar, vinegar, spices and salt in TM bowl.
Cook 30-35 minutes, Varoma temperature,, speed 3 Turn speed down if it not boiling over. Turn up to 4 if it looks like it is going to boil over
While this is cooking prepare your bottle(s)
Then Strain using the basket as per photos or however you choose.
Place strained sauce back in TM bowl and bring temperature back to Varoma. 2-3 minutes, Varoma temperature, Speed 3-4
Pour sauce into heated and sterilised bottle(s) and tighten lid to seal.
Keeps in pantry
Cooking & Bottling
You can make this in the TM5 or TM31
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Egg Free Bread Rolls
- Nanna Smith’s Caramel Sauce
- Merryl's Family Chocolate Cake
- TM5 Spaghetti Carbonara Basic Chip Variation
- Shortbread by Elizabeth
- TM5 Classic Tomato Sauce
- Simple Sauerkraut
- Vegetarian Bean, Chickpea & Lentil Curry
- Fresh Pina Colada
- Not-Too-Sweet Banana Bread
- Upside-Down Fresh Strawberry Cake
- Easy Apricot Jam
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Hearty Ginger Slice
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Dulce de Leche/Caramel thumb-print cookies
- Tasty Shepherds Pie