- 100 grams olive oil
- 3 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 4 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
- 3 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 4 tablespoons Minced Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Minced garlic
- 200 grams malt vinegar
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1000 g skinned tomatoes
1. Place oil into mixing bowl and heat 2 min/Varoma/speed soft.
2. Add mustard seeds, turmeric, cumin seeds and chilli powder and sauté 4 min/Varoma/speed 1.
3. Add ginger, garlic and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl then sauté 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
4. Add all remaining ingredients and cook 60 min/100°C/speed 1 with MC removed and TM basket on mixing bowl lid.
Set Kasoundi aside to cool and then bottle in sterilised jars.
* May need up to a further 30mins longer of cooking time, depending on ripeness of tomatoes.* 1 tsp of chilli powder for a milder Kasoundi
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.