- 1000 grams tomatoes, 1-1.2kg tomatoes
- 500 grams onions, 350-500g onions
- 200 grams raw sugar
- 250 grams malt or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, add to taste, up to 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons Corn Flour, increase for thicker relish - see tip
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion quarters toand chop - 5sec/speed5.
Add tomatoes toand chop - 5sec/speed5.
Add remaining ingredients toand mix 5sec/speed3.
Cook for 30min/temp100/speed2 and fill jars when desired thickness achieved.
Accessories you need
The numbers of jars varies depending on the thickness of your final mix.
Note longer may not be better to achieve a thicker mix.
The mixture will thicken on cooling.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)