- 650 grams Red onions
- 45-50 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 45-50 grams balsamic vinegar
- 75 grams Brown or Dark Brown Sugar
- to taste Jamies Sticky Chili and balsamic glaze, a couple of dashes
8Recipe is created for
- Peel the Red Onions and thinly slice into half moons.
- Add the sliced onions, EV Oil and balsamic vinegar and Jamie's glaze to bowl.
- Cook for 30 minutes, Varoma REVERSE Speed 2 with MC (measuring cup) OFF.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, add 75 grams of brown or dark brown sugar, and cook for 5 minutes, Varoma REVERSE Speed 2 with MC OFF.
- Spoon into container and enjoy - or freeze for later use.
Accessories you need
Try making yourself a toasted sandwich with a layer of Caramelised / Caramelized Onion, sliced grilled sweet potato, Red Capsicum and sliced Jarlsberg cheese. A great vegetarian sandwich! Goes really well with sliced meat as well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Chicken Liver Pate