- 200 grams rice, white basmati or long grain (can use brown but will need cooking longer)
- 1/2 apple
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 green capsicum
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 40 grams Raisins or Currants
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 60 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 30 grams white vinegar (or vinegar of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Add 1 litre of tap water to TM Bowl.
Add internal simmer basket to TM Bowl and weigh in rice, then wash rice under the tap using the basket then return basket of rice back to the TM Bowl.
TIP: Add a tablespoon of butter or 20g oil through hole in lid, and place Measuring Cup into place (this stops starches in rice causing 'foam' to rise during rice cooking)!
Cook the rice for 16 minutes, 100C, Speed 4.
While rice is cooking, roughly dice the remaining salad ingredients and place in a large bowl. Once rice is ready, add to the diced salad ingredients, clean TM bowl and prepare dressing as follows...
Add clove of garlic to TM bowl and chop 3 Sec, Sp 7.
Add remaining ingredients and mix, 4 sec, Sp5.
Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine- refrigerate until needed.
This recipe is so delicious and you will be surprised how much it makes- heaps, though feel free to increase rice quantities up to 350g and double all ingredients. It is an easy recipe to make in advance, and has been used by my circle of friends for years and is at every bbq!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana Cream Cheese Breakfast Cakes
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Creamy Pesto Sauce
- LCHF egg curry
- Bacon and mushroom pasta (light version made with milk not cream)
- Sunday morning quick'n easy rolls
- Coconut Condensed Milk (dairy free)
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Variation Chicken Laksa
- Variation Mixed Berry Jam for TM 5
- Curried mince with rice
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Coffee Bar Cake