- 50 g Parmesan cheese, crust removed and cut into pieces ( 2 cm)
- 1000 g water
- 250 g Broad beans, shelled
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into halves
- fresh basil leaves, handful
- 2 spring onions, cut into halves
- 10 stuffed olives, (see Tips)
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 200 g danish feta, crumbled
- Sour dough bread, cut in thin slices
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
8Recipe is created for
Place Parmesan into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 8. Transfer into small bowl and set aside.
Place water into mixing bowl and insert simmering basket. Add beans and cook 8 min/100°C/speed 4, prolonging time by up to 2 minutes if necessary, until beans are tender.
Carefully remove simmering basket and set aside to cool. Remove outer skins and empty mixing bowl.
Place 1 garlic clove, basil and spring onions into mixing bowl and chop 6 sec/speed 8.
Add olives, lemon juice, salt and pepper and blend 8 sec/speed 4, consistency should be chunky and not puree.
Lightly toast bread, rub with remaining cut garlic clove and then spread with mixture. Top with crumbled feta and drizzle with olive oil to serve.
Chilli and garlic olives are a nice addition.
Other users also liked...
- Savoury pikelets for school lunches
- Mustard Potatoes
- Ph@tt compatible Broccoli Salad
- Quick Pickled beets
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Vegan Cheesy Cauliflower Bites
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie