- 500 g carrots, not peeled, cut in quarters
- 1/4 red onion, peeled
- 1 green apple, cored, not peeled, cut in quarters
- 1 pomegranate, arils only
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup --- parsley, chopped coarsely
- 1 3/4 cup --- roasted chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 60 g lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- 80 g tahini
- 40 g water
Place carrot, onion and apple in mixing bowl. Chop 3 secs/Sp 5.
Remove and set aside in salad bowl with pomegranate arils and parsley.
Place garlic in mixing bowl. Chip 3 secs/Sp7.
Add remaining ingredients and blend 10 secs/Sp6.
Pour over salad ingredients and mix well.
Just before serving, add roasted chickpease and pistachios and stir through.
To make your own roasted chickpeas:
1 3/4 cups cooked chickpeas, or 1 15-ounce can, drained and patted dry on paper towels1 tablespoon olive oil1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt1 teaspoon ground cuminHeat oven to 220 degrees C. Toss chickpeas with one tablespoon olive oil, salt and cumin until they’re all coated. Spread them on a baking sheet or pan and roast them in the oven until they’re browned and crisp. This can take anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size and firmness of your chickpeas. Toss them occasionally to make sure they’re toasting evenly. Set aside until needed.Recipe inspired by and adapted for the Thermomix from://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2014/05/carrot-salad-with-tahini-and-crisped-chickpeas/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Festive Avacado Dip
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Mash and steamed veg
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Garlic & Parsley Burgers
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Shepherds pie
- Apricot Slice
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Fruit Bread