- 500 g carrots, not peeled, cut in quarters
- 1/4 red onion, peeled
- 1 green apple, cored, not peeled, cut in quarters
- 1 pomegranate, arils only
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup --- parsley, chopped coarsely
- 1 3/4 cup --- roasted chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 60 g lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- 80 g tahini
- 40 g water
Place carrot, onion and apple in mixing bowl. Chop 3 secs/Sp 5.
Remove and set aside in salad bowl with pomegranate arils and parsley.
Place garlic in mixing bowl. Chip 3 secs/Sp7.
Add remaining ingredients and blend 10 secs/Sp6.
Pour over salad ingredients and mix well.
Just before serving, add roasted chickpease and pistachios and stir through.
To make your own roasted chickpeas:
1 3/4 cups cooked chickpeas, or 1 15-ounce can, drained and patted dry on paper towels1 tablespoon olive oil1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt1 teaspoon ground cuminHeat oven to 220 degrees C. Toss chickpeas with one tablespoon olive oil, salt and cumin until they’re all coated. Spread them on a baking sheet or pan and roast them in the oven until they’re browned and crisp. This can take anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size and firmness of your chickpeas. Toss them occasionally to make sure they’re toasting evenly. Set aside until needed.Recipe inspired by and adapted for the Thermomix from://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2014/05/carrot-salad-with-tahini-and-crisped-chickpeas/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caramelised onion jam
- KETO BREAKFAST SANDWICH
- Spring Onion pancake
- Savoury pikelets for school lunches
- Mustard Potatoes
- Ph@tt compatible Broccoli Salad
- Quick Pickled beets
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Vegan Cheesy Cauliflower Bites
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- Butterscotch Baileys
- Beef & Pork Burger Patties
- Vanilla and cinnamon candied almonds
- Apple,cinnamon&sultana porridge
- Sago Plum Pudding
- Antipasto Cheese Ball Christmas Tree
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Variation Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
- Keto Fathead Rolls
- Jaffa cake
- Gingerbread Syrup
- Breadcrumbs for Fish