THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 cauliflower head, outer leaves removed
- 100 g shelled and unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 20 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, washed and well dried
- 20 g fresh coriander, leaves and stems, washed and well dried
- 80 g extra virgin olive oil
- 40 g freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches Freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g currants
- 2 pomegranates, arils only
- pomegranate molasses, to drizzle
- sumac, to sprinkle
- fresh coriander, leaves only, roughly chopped to garnish
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, roughly chopped to garnish
To prepare the cauliflower, first trim the stalks from the core and discard the core. Next, cut the very top of the florets off the stalks and set florets aside in a bowl. Place stalks into mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula and chop a further 10 sec/speed 7. Set aside in a large salad bowl.
Place half of the reserved cauliflower florets into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 5, or until slightly courser than the stalks. Set aside in the salad bowl.
Place remaining cauliflower florets and pistachios into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 5. Set aside in the salad bowl.
Place parsley and coriander into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 6. Set aside in the salad bowl.
Place all dressing ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 5 and pour over 'cous cous' in the salad bowl. Top with currants and pomegranate arils, then drizzle with pomegranate molasses, sprinkle with sumac, coriander and parsley and lightly toss before serving.
Dressing and to serve
· Serve as a light meal or as a side dish to fish, chicken or quail.
· To remove the pomegranate arils from the fruit using your Thermomix, simply place two pomegranate quarters into mixing bowl and remove arils 1 sec//speed 4. Discard the skin and pith and set pomegranate arils aside in serving bowl. Repeat until all pomegranate quarters are used. Set all arils aside in serving bowl.