- 240 grams Quinoa Grain, black or white or mixed. Presoaked for an hour in water then drained.
- 1000 grams water
- 8 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink or celtic salt
- ground pepper to taste
- juice of a lemon to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 400 grams tinned chickpeas drained
- 40 grams sour dried cherries or currants
- 1 - 2 mangoes, flesh only, diced (1.5cm x 1.5cm)
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes - halved
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place quinoa into simmering basket. Place water into mixing bowl, insert simmering basket and cook 18-20 mins/Varoma/speed 2 or until quinoa is cooked. Drain through simmering basket and set aside to cool. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
2. Place mint and coriander into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
3. Add cumin, celtic salt, black pepper, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, chickpeas, sour dried cherries and reserved quinoa and combine 10 sec/speed2. Repeat if necessary. Adjust seasoning to taste then transfer to serving bowl.
4. Place mango, red capsicum and cherry tomatoes in another bowl and combine, stir half the mix through the salad then top with the rest. Garnish with mint leaves.
If you don't have time to soak Quinoa, simply rinse and cook for full 20mins/Varoma/speed 2.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls - Mixquisite
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Satay Chicken
- Easy Batter
- Japanese style sandwich bread
- Jules Bliss Balls