- 1 cup cous cous
- 1 can chick peas
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 leaf lemon
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 1 red onion
- 75 grams raisins
- 1/3 cup natural yoghurt
1. Put the cup of cous cous into a heatproof dish
2. Just cover the cous cous with boiling water, cover and let stand for 5 minutes
3. Open the can of chick peas and drain using the TM basket, add to serving bowls
4. Chop the tomatoes, add to strained chick peas
5. Peel the lemon, add the rind into the TM bowl, chop speed 8 / 5 secs
6. Add the raisins to the TM bowl, pulse 3 times / turbo
7. Into the TM bowl then add the red onion, mint, and parsley and pulse for 4 short bursts / Turbo
8. Pour out the mix from the TM bowl into the bowl with tomatoes
9. Separate the cous cous with a fork and add to the tomato and TM bowl mix and combine using serving spoons
10. Juice half the lemon and pour over, season with pepper to taste, mix through
Accessories you need
Serve this salad with some grilled chicken, or meatballs flavoured with onion, parsley and thyme.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Yorkshire Pudding
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- SICILIAN BRIOCHE
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Tasty Zesty Lemon Sorbet
- LEMON POSSET serves 12-18 with SUGAR FREE option
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Satay Sauce
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Garlic and Caper Aioli
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Large Batch Plum Jam