- 940 grams tomatoes, skins removed
- 500 grams Brown onions, quartered
- 440 grams white sugar
- 250 grams malt vinegar, reserving half of vinegar for later
- 1 teaspoons plain salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Yellow mustard powder
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
8Recipe is created for
place whole unpeeled tomatoes into a large bowl and pour boiling water over them and let stand for approx 30secs to a minute. this will loosen the skin of the tomato so that you can now peel the skin off.
put onions into TM bowl and chop 3 to 4 secs/speed 7.
add the peeled tomatoes half of the vinegar and salt and cook 100degrees/speed1 for 10 minutes. replace MC with basket on top of the TM lid.
Add sugar and cook 100degrees/ 8 to10minutes/ speed2
mix the flour, mustard and curry powder with remaining vinegar to a paste and add to the relish and cook 100degrees/ 2minutes
then put into hot sterile jars and seal.
Grandmas' Tomato Relish
this is really nice on sandwiches/cheese board or with curries
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME
- Prisca's Plain White Rice
- Banoffie Cake (using banana cake from edmonds cookbook)
- seafood & corn chowder with curried choux dunkers
- steamed silverbeet pouches in coconut cream
- steamed fennel and salmon for one
- Feijoa Mayonaise
- pineapple banana and cucumber smoothie
- Bacon and Leek Quiche
- Waitangi Day Brunch
- cheesey-carrot and marmite muffins
- fried Green Tomato coated with TM Dukka
- curried kumara cuppa soup
- venetian Butter