- 490 grams Yogurt, 2 cups
- 4 tbsp besan, chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp tumeric
- --- water, 3 cups
- to taste salt
- 2 sprigs coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seed
- 1 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 1 pinches Asafoetida
- 2-3 --- dried red chillies, whole
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place yoghurt, besan, ginger paste and turmeric in mixing bowl and mix for
10 sec/speed 5.
- Add water and mix for a further 10 sec/speed 5.
- Next, add the sliced chillies and cook for 15 mins/100°C /speed 2.
- Add the tempered spices, salt to taste and cook for a further 15mins/100°C/speed2.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with rice or kichaddi and pappadums.
- Heat ghee in a small frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add mustard seeds, cumin seed, asafoetida and curry leaves.
When the spices start popping, add the dried chillies. The chillies should swell.
Take off the heat and pour immediately over the kadhi, being careful of any splatters. Then follow through with the recipe.
Accessories you need
Kadhi (pronounced kadd hee) comes in various forms. This recipe comes from Gujrati and is
quite a popular dish. What I love about this is how easy it is make, unlike the North Indian kadhi,
which is a labour of love.
This is an easy gluten free recipe which would also be delicious as soup, eaten with a side serve
of garlic naan.
Tips: For crunch and texture, I like to add Haldiram’s plain boondi over my kadhi just before eating. You can add it
prior if you prefer a softer texture as the boondi will soak up some of the kadhi.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Tomato Sauce
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Sugar Cookies
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- sweet chestnut