- 1 Red chilli (large), Chopped in thirds
- 1/2 onion, Cut in half again
- 15 g Ginger,fresh, Peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1 Zest of lime, (Squeeze the juice for later)
- 1 tsp tumeric, ground
- 1 pinch Cloves, ground
- 300 g coconut milk
- 500 g Potatoes, (approx 3 large), Cut into 3cm chunks
- 100 g Green beans, trimmed, Sliced in halves or thirds
- 1 Carrot (medium), Julienned
- 2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce, (sweet, Kecap Manis)
- 1 pinch salt
1. Place chilli, onion, ginger, garlic, lemon & lime zests, Turmeric & ground cloves into TM bowl, grind into a paste 3sec/Speed 7. Scrape down sides and repeat until desired paste consistency, add a couple of tbsp of the coconut milk if needed to help form paste.
2. Heat paste 2min/100*/Speed 1.
3. Add coconut milk and potatoes, cook 10min/100*/"Counter-clockwise operation" /Speed 1 (place simmer basket on top to prevent splattering & help thicken potato dish).
4. Add beans, carrots, Soy sauce & salt to TM Bowl, cook 3min/100*/"Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting" . Check tenderness of vegetables and cook further 2-3min/100*/"Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting" .
5. Add lime juice, cook 1min/100*/"Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting"
Accessories you need
Great to serve with Steak, Chops or grilled chicken at a BBQ
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hunters Frozen Espresso Martini
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Hunters Very Lemony Lemon Butter
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Hunters Chicken Breast Cacciatore and steamed veg
- Hunters Beef and Vegetable Lasagne
- Hunters Coffee Banana Slushy/Smoothie (non dairy)
- Hunters Warm Chicken and Cous Cous salad with Basil Pesto Dressing
- Hunters version of Non Fried, Fried Rice
- Hunters version of Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Cashew sauce and Coconut rice(by Quirky Cooking)
- Hunters version of Asian whole steamed chicken, Chicken rice, veggies and Ginger chilli sauce
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Donut ice-cream
- Superfood Seed Bar
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Beef Ragu