- 1000 g red skinned potatoes
- 150 g Diced bacon
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 20 g olive oil
- 60 g parmesan, shaved
- 6 eggs
- 500 g water
- 200 g mayonnaise
- 15 g wholegrain mustard
- 10 g balsamic vinegar
Add bacon, oil and spring onion (keep a little for garnish) to bowl. I like to slice my spring onion as I like how it looks in the dish, but you could chop this on speed 4 for a few seconds if you prefer
Cook 100c, speed 1 for 3 minutes. Transfer this to your salad serving dish and set aside. No need to wash the bowl
Add 500g water to the bowl. Put diced potatoes in the Varoma dish (no tray) and steam for 15 minutes, varoma temp, speed 2
Insert basket into bowl, add the 6 eggs and replace lid and varoma with potatoes in. Cook for a further 14 minutes, varoma temp, speed 2. Check potatoes are cooked. They should be not too cooked that they fall apart, but not too firm either. A knife should pass through them easily but not mash them. Leave potatoes in the varoma and set aside with the lid underneath to catch any drips and cool down while you prepare the rest of the salad
Remove basket with your spatula. Put eggs into a sink or bowl of cold water to cool down as you peel them. Quarter and slice eggs. Empty steaming water from bowl and dry.
Add dressing ingredients and mix on speed 3 for 5 seconds. Pour potatoes into your salad bowl (on top of bacon & onion mixture). Add eggs and shaved parmesan (keep a little for garnish) on top. Pour dressing from bowl over the salad and mix dressing through until combined.
Top with some spare spring onion or fresh chives and some of the shaved parmesan. Refridgerate until cool and serve
EVERY time I make this I hear "I LOVE your potato salad" so I thought I better share the recipe. We Thermomix folk are a caring sharing bunch! You can most certainly use less eggs if you don't have 6 spare eggs, but it does taste awesome with all 6. Hope you enjoy it, and put your own touch on it if you like. Would love to hear what you think. Nat
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Peasy Spreadable Butter
- Nat's Saucy Pork Belly
- Orange & Apple Cous Cous
- Orange Salt & Pepper Rub
- Orange & Poppyseed Glazed Varoma Chicken
- My Husband's Bachelor 'Baked' Beans
- "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Varoma Teriyaki Style Fish & Udon Noodles with steamed veggies
- Mocha custard
- Purple Carrot & Date Muffins
- Cherry Ripe Soft Serve
- Lemony Lemon Brownies
- Chocolate raspberry muffins
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Aglio Olio
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Deb's tasty Cauliflower Soup
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Capsicum tomato pasta sauce
- Variation Zucchini Slice gluten free
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds