- 96 g Almond Flour
- 24 g Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoons taco seasoning, cookidoo recipe
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp water
- oil, for frying
- taco seasoning, cookidoo recipe - extra for dusting
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- put almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, salt and baking powder & taco seasoning into thermomix and mix on speed 7 for 15 seconds
- Turn thermomix on to speed for for 1 minute without measuring cup and add in one by one the egg, apple cider vinegar and water.
- Once all mixed, stop thermomix and put in dough mode for 2 minutes
- Break up into 8 balls and roll each one in a circle between two thermomats. cut into eight wedges (chip like shape)
- preheat oven to 180.c
- Heat up a pot or frying pan over medium/high heat and add lard or frying oil of choice (a couple centimeters or so will do). Once hot, drop the triangles in batches of 3 to 5 at a time. Cook for just 3 to 5 seconds until just puffed, and flip them over immediately. Cook for just 3 to 5 more seconds and transfer to a paper towel lined plate. You want to keep your puffed chips as white as possible, as they'll continue to brown when baked.
- Transfer puffed tortilla chips to a baking tray (with a fitted rack or lined with parchment paper), and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden (flipping them over half way through). The tortilla chips will continue to crisp up while cooling.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning
Accessories you need
Original recipe taken from https://www.gnom-gnom.com/gluten-free-keto-tortilla-chips/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Carrot, Maple and Sultana Muffins
- Healthy Peanut Butter Blondies
- Thai flavoured Pumpkin soup
- Vi's lemon curd crumble muffins
- Jaffa Bliss Balls
- German Crust Bread
- Jenny's Chocolate Weetbix Crunch Slice
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Cheats Sourdough
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Milo Biscuits Variation
- Apricot, Yoghurt and Coconut cake