- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp vegie stock paste
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp milled Sea Salt
- 900 g water, - Plus extra for soaking quinoa
- 15 g Chives or Spring Onions
- 1/2 small onion
- 75 g Parmesan or Gruyere, or Cheddar etc..
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2-3 slices slices stale Wholegrain Bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
8Recipe is created for
** Prepare ahead: Soak Quinoa overnight , drain & rinse. Or at least rinse really well before cooking
1. Place 900g water & stock paste into TM bowl
2. Put pre-soaked or rinsed Quinoa into Rice Basket & place in TM bowl
3. Cook on Varoma temp / 12-15 mins (or until Quinoa is soft, translucent & the little “tail” is visible - only white Quinoa will look translucent) / speed 4. Allow to cool to room temperature
4. Rinse & dry TM bowl
5. Place parmesan in TM bowl & grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside
6. Place bread in TM bowl & mill 5 sec / speed 9. Set aside
7. Place garlic, onion & chives into TM bowl & chop 5 sec / speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl & repeat if necessary
8. Add eggs to the TM bowl & whisk 5 sec / speed 6
9. Return the parmesan & bread to the TM bowl, plus the Quinoa & ½ tsp salt. Mix together 15 sec / Reverse / speed 2. The mixture should be able to be formed into patties, but still be very moist. Add more breadcrumbs gradually if need be. Likewise, add more beaten egg or some water to moisten the mixture
10. Roll mixture into small patties
11. Heat oil in a large heavy frypan & cook patties in batches for 7-10 mins each side on medium heat – don’t overcrowd the pan. Alternatively, you can cook in a moderate oven
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Mash and steamed veg
- Simple Carrot Salad
- Basic White Sauce for 6 people
- Variation Cheats Capsicum, Feta and Walnut Pasta Salad
- Cauliflower "Tabbouleh"
- Fermented cucumbers
- Vegan Brown Rice, Quinoa & Pumpkin Salad
- lchf blueberry red cabbage coleslaw
- Broccolini Salad