- 6 small red chillies, seeds in
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 mushrooms
- 10 centimetres zuccini chopped
- 1/3 eggplant chopped
- 1 small carrot chopped
- 1 yellow capsicum chopped
- 2-3 pieces Celery
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 12 Kalamata Olives
- 2-3 tablespoons tomato paste or pizza sauce
- 50 grams hot sliced calabrase salami
- 1 handful each of fresh basil, oregano and parsley
- 3 cubes Frozen spinach
- 20 grams olive oil
- 4 anchovies
- 1 Cup red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
As this is such a large dish (to use up what was left in hte vege drawer and get more than five serves of veg) I use the TM more as a chopping insrument than as a cooking one as all of the ingredients wont fit in. You could cut down on the sizes to make it fit though, and use the TM to cook it as well. Just make sure you cook on reverse speed.
Add chillies and garlic to TM bowl and mix on speed 10 for 3 sec. Add onion and speed 5 for 5 secs. Add oil and varoma temp, reverse speed soft for 2 mins. Add mushrooms and zuccini and mix speed 10 for 4 sec. Empty the mix into a big pot for the stove. Start the pot simmering.
Add eggplant, carrot and capsicum. Speed 5, 6 seconds. Empty into pot. Add celery, tomato, salami and herbs to TM. mix speed 6 for 6 secs. Empty into pot. Add olives, tomato paste, spinach cubes, wine salt, pepper and anchovies straight into the pot. Simmer for about 40 mins.
I served this as a sid to pan grilled chicken breast.
Mediterranean Vegetable Mix
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Pear, Plum and Apple Jam
- What's Left in the Kitchen Spicy Noodle Soup
- Strawberry daiquiri
- Cambodian Marinated Braised Beef (with a Thai twist)
- Edwina's lemon cheesecake
- Spicy sweet potato soup with chilli coriander cream
- Thai vietnamese noodle soup
- Thai Stir Fry Paste
- Spicy Thai Noodle Soup
- Vietnamese Prawn Noodle Salad