- 170 g quinoa seed
- 75-80 g freshly squeezed lemon juice, (about 2 lemons)
- 50 g olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- ½-1 cup corn kernels, (about 2 cobs) *
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped green or black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1. Pre-soak quinoa for at least 1 hr.
2. Pour quinoa into TM basket (draining off soaking water) and place in TM bowl.
3. Add 600g of water to bowl. Cook quinoa for 20 mins, Varoma, Sp2.
4. After quinoa has cooked, tip out remaining water, rinse out bowl then add lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and sugar into the bowl. Blend 20 secs, sp 8.
5. Combine quinoa and all remaining ingredients, except fresh herbs, into a medium-sized bowl.
6. Drizzle with dressing. Toss to combine.
7. Refrigerate for at least one hour to allow flavours to combine.
8. Add fresh herbs just prior to serving.
Accessories you need
You may wish to add some balsamic to the dressing also.
May be served at room temperature.
* You can steam the corn cob in your Varoma while cooking Quinoa if you wish.
Nutrients per serving:
17 g fat, 14 g protein, 56 g carbohydrates, 11 g fibre.
Excellent source of vitamin E, folic acid, thiamin, iron, zinc, phosphorus and magnesium.
Adapted from: //www.canadianfamily.ca/recipe/moroccan-quinoa-salad/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mash and steamed veg
- Simple Carrot Salad
- Basic White Sauce for 6 people
- Variation Cheats Capsicum, Feta and Walnut Pasta Salad
- Cauliflower "Tabbouleh"
- Fermented cucumbers
- Vegan Brown Rice, Quinoa & Pumpkin Salad
- lchf blueberry red cabbage coleslaw
- Broccolini Salad
- Bean Salad with hazelnut dressing
- Easy Wombok Salad
- Red Duck Curry with Lychees
- warm lemon tart
- Best Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- Gluten Free Bread- Go to recipe
- Banana Anzac Crumble
- Cinnamon Tea Cake
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Beef and vegetable stew
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Date and carrot cake (nut, egg and butter free) - tastes like healthy gingerbread!
- Jumbo White Bread Loaf
- mayo egg free