- 600 grams Beetroot, Raw
- 500 grams vinegar, White or of your choice
- 500 grams water
- 250 grams sugar, Raw or of your choice
- 1 tablespoons mustard
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Clean beetroots thoroughly and add to the varoma. NOTE: Do not top and tail the beetroots.
Add sugar, water, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
NOTE: Extra flavours can be added and vinegar can be reduced - please refer to "Additional Notes".
Place on varoma. 60 minutes - 100 degrees - Speed 2.
NOTE: More beetroots can be added - please refer to "Additional Notes".
- If a skewer/fork cannot pierce the beetroot, cook for a further 10 minutes. 10 minutes - 100 degrees - Speed 2. Repeat this step until beetroots are cooked.
- Allow beetroots to cool and strain and reserve the juices in the Thermomix bowl for the next step.
- Peel the cooled beetroots and slice to desired thickness. Cover with reserved juices in a sealed container in the fridge.
NO Tin Beetroot
Accessories you need
- Do not top and tail the beetroot before cooking.
- The amount of vinegar can be reduced but will reduce the self-life of the cooked beetroots. Replace the vinegar with the same amount of fluid, for example, if 100g less vinegar add an extra 100g water.
- Add other desired flavours prior to cooking the beetroots.
- More than 600 grams of beetroots can be added if desired but cooking time can vary.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME
- Quick & Easy Custard Cake
- Marmalade cake Jamie Oliver
- Peppermint Choc Chip Ice Cream
- Sesame and Linseed Gluten free bread
- Cinnamon Butter
- Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Walnut and coffee cheesecake slice
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Kids Bubble cups
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Chocolate, chia & ginger cookies