- 500 gram red cabbage, chopped roughly
- 2 apples, quartered
- 1 red onion, halved
- 40 gram oil, any preference
- 40 gram balsamic vinegar
- 1 level tsp salt
- 1 dash black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoons red berry jam
- 1 pinches caraway seeds, optional
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Chop up 100gr of red cabbage at a time for 8 sec/ speed 4 and transfer in a bowl, repeat.
2. add apples and onions, chop 8 sec/ speed 4 and leave in mixing bowl
3. add red cabbage and oil and steam for 7 mins/ varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" / speed 2
4. add all other ingredients and cook again for 15/20mins / 100 degrees/ "Counter-clockwise operation" / speed 2
If you have available 1 tablespoon duck fat instead of the oil... the recipe becomes Master class material
The apple pieces are so small, they disintegrate during the cooking.
Eat as a side dish with meat and potatoes or bread dumplings.
Otherwise also great for storing for later use. Let it cool and transfer into sealable container/glasses.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Healthy Oat Slice
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Eggless Mini Banana Bread Muffins