- 250 g pumpkin seeds
- 70 g sesame seeds, You can add more if you like!
- 6 tbsp Maple syrup, Or you can use Rice Malt Syrup too- just use 4 tbsp instead
- 1 pinch salt, Optional
Pre heat oven to 160degrees.
Add pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds to a dry pan on medium heat. Cook for approximately 5 minutes until you hear the sesame seeds pop a little. (This step is crucial to getting the seeds dry and crunchy!)
- While the seeds are slowly dry roasting, add the maple syrup or rice malt syrup and salt (optional) to the mixing bowl. Mix Speed 2/100degrees/3 minutes/MC off or until it begins to bubble.
- Add the seeds to the mixing bowl and stir on reverse speed/ speed 2 for 5-10 seconds. Ensure the seeds are all coated.
Pour mix in to a lined slice tin and pat down well to ensure all seeds are firmly packed in. TIP: I used another sheet of baking paper on top to press them down firmly. This avoids stucky fingers and sticky seeds stuck to your hands or spatula etc. It also packs them in well.
Cook for approximately 15 minutes. Once finished, press down with your hands once more with the extra sheet of baking paper and then allow to cool completely before cutting.
Making the seeds dry and crunchy
Using the Thermo
Accessories you need
You can add any other ingredients you like to this mix. I like to add puffed borwn rice or chia seeds. The list of extra ingredients is endless, but th more you add to the mix, the more binding ingredients you may also need too (eg rice malt syrup etc)! Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Festive Avacado Dip
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Mash and steamed veg
- Curry Pea Soup
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- Tuna Mornay
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Apricot Slice