- 1200 g water
- 1 tablespoon vegie stock paste
- 300 g brown rice
- 50 g quinoa, (White, tri-colour - any type)
- 40 g sunflower seeds
- 60 g Unsalted Cashew nuts (raw or roasted), (sub for almonds if preferable)
- 15 g sesame seeds
- 135 g carrot, (1 large or 2 small - weight not specific)
- 100 g red capsicum, quartered, (aprox 1/2 a capsicum use more if you&#039;d like)
- 3 shallots, Chopped into quarters
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, small/medium size
- 40 g Baby Spinich, ! large handful
- 20 g Fresh Flat Leaf Parsely, 1 handful
- 5-7 leaves fresh basil
- 45 g olive oil
- 20 g sesame oil
- 20 g tamari or soy sauce
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- 10 g Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Pour 1200g water into Thermomix bowl. Add vegie stock past and put lid onto the bowl/jug.
2. Place rice basket on top of Thermomix lid and weigh in the rice.
3. Make a small well in the rice and weigh quinoa into the well - (this avoids loosing to much quinoa in the rinsing process)
4. Rinse well under tap with warm water. Place rice basket into Thermomix and cook. 20 mins/ 100 degrees / speed 3 (dont worry if you lose some quinoa in the rinsing process.
5. When finished Place rice and quinoa mixture into a bowl to cool - set aside. Wash and dry bowl.
6. Place seeds and nuts into a dry bowl and toast. 7 mins /Varoma /reverse/ Slow speed. Once finished ... Set aside
7. Without washing bowl add carrot, shallots capsicum and Chop. 4 second / speed 5. Tip into cooled rice.
8. Without washing bowl add cucumber, baby spinach, basil and parsley. Chop 1 second/ speed 5. Check, scrape down sides and chop again if necessary.
9. Tip seeds and nuts into the salad bowl.
10. Chop garlic clove 2 seconds/ speed 6 - Scrape sides and repeat
11. Add all other dressing ingredients, mix 20 seconds / speed 3
12. Pour half of dressing over rice and stir through. Let sit for 10 mins to absorb. Stop here if you would prefer less dressing. If you would like a richer flavour add the rest of the dressing and stir through again.
* When cooking the rice and quinoa you could be steaming some chicken pieces.
* Omit or add things into this recipe that best suit your family. It is very adaptable.
* Can be nut and seed free - just leave them out.
* Lovely meal to take to a BBQ or for work lunches.
* Tastes great with tinned tuna stirred through.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- vegan mac and cheese (veganhuggs)
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- vegan chickpea loaf
- Easy Cheesey Mac and Cheese
- Christmas Pudding - Gluten Free or Regular
- Chocolate Fudge (with homemade Condensed Milk)
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cheesecake
- Simple Mantou (Steam Bread)
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Turkish haydari (thick yoghurt dip)