- 1200 g water
- 1 tablespoon vegie stock paste
- 300 g brown rice
- 50 g quinoa, (White, tri-colour - any type)
- 40 g sunflower seeds
- 60 g Unsalted Cashew nuts (raw or roasted), (sub for almonds if preferable)
- 15 g sesame seeds
- 135 g carrot, (1 large or 2 small - weight not specific)
- 100 g red capsicum, quartered, (aprox 1/2 a capsicum use more if you&#039;d like)
- 3 shallots, Chopped into quarters
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, small/medium size
- 40 g Baby Spinich, ! large handful
- 20 g Fresh Flat Leaf Parsely, 1 handful
- 5-7 leaves fresh basil
- 45 g olive oil
- 20 g sesame oil
- 20 g tamari or soy sauce
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- 10 g Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Pour 1200g water into Thermomix bowl. Add vegie stock past and put lid onto the bowl/jug.
2. Place rice basket on top of Thermomix lid and weigh in the rice.
3. Make a small well in the rice and weigh quinoa into the well - (this avoids loosing to much quinoa in the rinsing process)
4. Rinse well under tap with warm water. Place rice basket into Thermomix and cook. 20 mins/ 100 degrees / speed 3 (dont worry if you lose some quinoa in the rinsing process.
5. When finished Place rice and quinoa mixture into a bowl to cool - set aside. Wash and dry bowl.
6. Place seeds and nuts into a dry bowl and toast. 7 mins /Varoma /reverse/ Slow speed. Once finished ... Set aside
7. Without washing bowl add carrot, shallots capsicum and Chop. 4 second / speed 5. Tip into cooled rice.
8. Without washing bowl add cucumber, baby spinach, basil and parsley. Chop 1 second/ speed 5. Check, scrape down sides and chop again if necessary.
9. Tip seeds and nuts into the salad bowl.
10. Chop garlic clove 2 seconds/ speed 6 - Scrape sides and repeat
11. Add all other dressing ingredients, mix 20 seconds / speed 3
12. Pour half of dressing over rice and stir through. Let sit for 10 mins to absorb. Stop here if you would prefer less dressing. If you would like a richer flavour add the rest of the dressing and stir through again.
* When cooking the rice and quinoa you could be steaming some chicken pieces.
* Omit or add things into this recipe that best suit your family. It is very adaptable.
* Can be nut and seed free - just leave them out.
* Lovely meal to take to a BBQ or for work lunches.
* Tastes great with tinned tuna stirred through.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Festive Avacado Dip
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Mash and steamed veg
- Simple Carrot Salad
- Basic White Sauce for 6 people
- Mushroom risotto
- Lime self saucing pudding
- Pumpkin Soup
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel Mars Bar Slice
- Meatball Surprise Soup
- Pie maker Bacon, leek and mushroom pies
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Winter vegetable soup with Asian flavours
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Lemon Detox Bliss Balls
- German spelt bread