- 180 g quinoa, Washed & Soaked
- 1 tablespoon Yoghurt/ Apple Cider Vinegar
- 900 g water
- 100 g feta
- 5 --- eggs, Wisked
- 3 tablespoon mint leaves
- 20 g Kale/ Spinach
- 100 g Pumpkin/ Sunflower Seeds
- 2 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 --- carrot, Roughly chopped
- 30 g breadcrumbs
- 70 g sultanas
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon Moroccan spice
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
Rinse Quinoa thoroughly under running water
Soak Quinoa in 2 cups of water
Stir through yoghurt/ apple cider vinegar. (This will assist to break down the bitter saponins and phytic acid.)
Allow to soak for 8-12 hours.
Poor water into TMX. Insert basket.
Rinse Quinoa thoroughly and place in basket. Cook for 20 minutes, Varoma, Speed 4.
Once cooked, fluff Quinoa with a fork and allow to cool completly.
Place carrot in TMX. Move dial to closed lid position and turbo pulse 3-4 times to grate. Set aside
Without rinsing bowl, place kale/ spinach, mint and lemon rind in bowl. Chop for 3 seconds, speed 7. Using spatular, scrape down sides and repeat. Set aside
In a seperate bowl, combine all ingredients.
The consistancy of your quinoa may vary depending on origin/ colour/ maturity.
Test the mixture, it should hold firm enough for you to form a ball, place in a hot, oiled frypan and flatten with an egg flip to form a burger patty.
If your mixture is too runny to achieve this, simply grease egg rings, place in frypan, then poor your mixture in these to form your burger bites.
Cook until golden brown on each side.
- Serve with Salad
- Serve in a wrap or bun
- Make mini burger bites and serve with Roast Beetroot Dip or Hommus
Burger Bite Prep
A tasty, high protein dish to keep you and your children alert and attentive throughout the day.
Can also use Amaranth, Brown Rice or Millet in place of Quinoa.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Churros - Gluten free
- DRIED APRICOT SLICE
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Hanne's porcupines
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs